Fairford Academy Barnehurst is a three form entry primary school within Illuminate Minds Trust, a small thriving academy of two trust schools. The school is located on the borders of Barnehurst and Erith with excellent transport links. Pelham Primary School is based in the centre of Bexleyheath and has two forms of entry. Partnership working between the schools is encouraged!
Our core purpose is “Excellence Every Day” through:-
• Working with children, young people and their families to promote engagement in learning and a work ethic which will help them secure a positive future
• Delivering a curriculum in every school which meets the needs of the cohort and supports the development of rounded individuals with the knowledge and skills to make informed decisions and have agency over their futures
• Offering experiences which are rich and diverse and widen the perspectives of all of our pupils beyond their lived experiences, reducing gaps and disadvantage
• Encouraging participation and ownership of the school communities by all members of our staff to enable Trust development through contribution and collaboration
• Creating a coaching culture to develop a workforce which is flexible to meet the need of every child or young person within our academies and “future proofs” us as a Trust in an ever-changing landscape
• Developing systems and processes which safeguard our communities and reduce workload through sharing of resources and practices and avoidance of duplication
• Ensuring the learning environment is fit for purpose, safe and stimulating to support the development of confident, happy pupils who want to attend school and are kept safe
• Ethical leadership of the Trust.
To apply for this vacancy please download and complete the application form, from the downloads section below. Applications should be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org . Please note we cannot accept Kent Teach application forms or CV's.
References will be requested for shortlisted candidates prior to interview. Only those shortlisted for interview will be contacted.
Illuminate Minds Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We ensure that we have a range of policies and procedures in place which promote safeguarding and safer working practice across the school.
Illuminate Minds Trust is committed to equality and diversity in employment practice and service delivery and expects employees to comply with our values of promoting equality and diversity, treating colleagues and service users with dignity and respect at all times. This commitment must be evidenced in practice. Any behaviour that falls below these standards is unacceptable to the School and potentially constitutes misconduct.
This post is considered to be a customer-facing position; as such it falls within scope of the Code of Practice on English language requirement for public sector workers. The school therefore has a statutory duty under Part 7 of the Immigration Act 2016 to ensure that post holders have a command of spoken English sufficient for the effective performance of the job requirements. The appropriate standards are set out in the person specification. These will be applied during the recruitment/selection and probationary stages.
We reserve the right to close this advertisement early if we receive a high volume of suitable applications.