Working with us at Snowfields Academy: Snowfields Academy opened in September 2020 as a new secondary provision for students with ASD. When full we will offer 140 places across year groups 7-13 for young people who are working at or close to age-related expectations. Class sizes are small with 12/13 in each class, supported by 2-3 teaching assistants according to need. We offer a range of GCSEs and other qualifications for young people on a blend of academic and vocational pathways.
The academy benefits from being a brand new school with a design tailored to the students it provides for, carefully considered to make the most of both its inside and outside environments in order to enhance the learning of its students. The environment supports specialisms in horticulture and catering with a purpose-designed teaching kitchen, servery and cafe, and internal and external horticulture facilities supporting our students into employment. We will work closely with local businesses to offer an outstanding range of work experience opportunities and supported internships.
At Snowfields Academy we:
- Inspire and engage our children so they develop a lifelong love of learning, working towards the International Baccalaureate Middle Years Programme at Key Stage 3
- Deliver a quality, inclusive education so all children are able to achieve to their full potential
- Create a learning environment where barriers to learning are overcome and students feel safe and happy and are ready to learn
- Ensure that all children feel valued and celebrate their individuality and success at every opportunity
- Always work within a multi-disciplinary framework alongside families and other professionals
- Use personalised approaches to manage behaviour and reduce anxieties
- Ensure safeguarding, pastoral support and embedding British Values are at the heart of all we do
- Create a culture where staff work collaboratively as part of the wider team, sharing ideas and good practice and offering support to each other.
"Snowfields Academy offers the very best personalised approaches within an inspiring learning environment. Our students are taught and supported by exceptional staff who offer care, challenge and support. Every student has a personalised transition from their starting point into our Academy and we work closely with other providers to streamline this process and smooth out any challenges along the way. Snowfields Academy brings our values to life: Be Kind, Work Hard, Communicate, Stay Safe and Be Happy. These values permeate our building, our curriculum, our aims and our ethos and we work hard every day to ensure we bring our motto, Where Nurture Meets Aspiration, to life, and help our students to thrive." - Principal Dee Pickerill
Please find the Trusts Vision: https://vision2030.org.uk/