Working for the academy: Cherry Orchard Primary Academy is a highly successful two-form entry primary academy for students between the ages of 3 to 11 that opened in September 2017. The academy admits a maximum of 60 children into each year between Reception and Year 6 having initially opened with places available in Reception, Year 1 and Year 2. We have continued to expand and from September 2021 we have children up to year 6 and with every year group at full capacity.
The academy enjoys modern facilities, a nursery for pre-school age children, and a small centre for children with speech, communication and language needs. At the heart of Ebbsfleet Garden City, Cherry Orchard Primary Academy is the focal point of this brand new community, providing local families with an outstanding educational facility.
At Cherry Orchard Primary Academy we will:
- Inspire and engage our children so they develop a lifelong love of learning
- Deliver a quality, inclusive education so all children are able to achieve to their full potential
- Create a learning environment where children feel safe and happy so are confident and enthused to ‘have a go’
- Ensure that all children feel valued and celebrate their success at every opportunity
- Provide learning experiences that include challenge for all, producing resilient and highly motivated learners
- Have a consistent, focused approach to managing behaviour, safeguarding, pastoral support and embedding British Values across all year groups
- Create a culture where staff work collaboratively as part of the wider team, sharing ideas and good practice and offering support to others.
Cherry Orchard Primary Academy has been judged as Outstanding by Ofsted at their recent inspection in November 2021, having been evaluated as outstanding in each of the five areas of inspection, Quality of Education, Behaviour and Attitudes, Personal Development, Leadership and Management and Early Years Provision. Please click here to view our website and learn more about Cherry Orchard Primary Academy.
COPA Mission Statement
At Cherry Orchard Primary Academy, we are committed to providing a quality, inclusive education where all children are able to achieve their full potential, building on a firm foundation of secure reading, writing and number skills. We are passionate about creating a learning environment where children feel safe and happy, enabling all to develop into individuals who are confident to take risks and who are able to be actively involved in their learning. We are dedicated to providing learning experiences that challenge all pupils, fostering resilient, motivated learners who go on to become lifelong learners. Through a curriculum that encourages intercultural understanding within the local and global communities, we aim to nurture our pupils in becoming considerate and compassionate towards others, celebrating each other’s differences. We are resolved to promote a culture where collaboration and community is highly valued, and where we all work as part of a wider team who share good practice and offer support to others.
"Our state-of-the-art facility opened in Kent’s Ebbsfleet Valley on 6th September 2017, offering outstanding educational experience for primary aged children.
Cherry Orchard Primary Academy is part of Leigh Academies Trust, one of the nation’s most successful, medium-sized, multi-academy trusts. Mrs. Julie Forsythe, the Principal of Cherry Orchard Primary Academy will work closely with other schools and professionals within Leigh Academies Trust to develop a quality, inclusive education, where all children are able to achieve their full potential." - Principal Julie Forsythe