St Augustine Academy
St Augustine Academy is an all ability school committed to providing an education that ensures that all students succeed and make the most of the opportunities and experiences available to them. Our core principles are based on developing the gifts and talents of all students, whatever they may be, and guiding them on to a career path to fulfil their aspirations.
Another core foundation of the Academy is our Faith. Our Christian inclusive ethos is encapsulated by our small community Chapter system where every student is known and nurtured. All students have the opportunity to develop their sense of spirituality, morality, self -respect and wellbeing.
We believe that students are engaged and achieve when the environment is both caring and orderly with teaching that fires their imagination and brings learning to life. With a grammar stream, our innovative curriculum and extensive Enrichment programme gives students access to those essential employability skills which future generations will need to succeed.
Vision: ‘believe in more’
St Augustine Academy is a high performing school where every student is known, valued and nurtured. We want to prepare our students to be responsible, enquiring, tolerant and confident members of society who can use their talents and abilities to be successful in a world that is constantly changing.
We are committed to:
• Providing an inclusive community based on Christian values
• Developing the whole person and inspiring a confident, ‘can do’ attitude
• Encouraging individual aptitudes and interests so that students can reach their full potential both academically and personally
• Offering high-quality CPD to staff to ensure staff and students are as successful as they can be
We have high expectations and believe in:
• Excellent behaviour with courtesy and respect for others
• The highest levels of attendance and punctuality
• The enjoyment of learning whilst expecting hard work from all involved in the Academy.
Wellbeing Practices and Policies
Wellbeing is important to us, please see our latest wellbeing initiatives below:
- Every Morning – Gym available from 6.45AM with private staff showering facilities
- Every Evening - Gym available from 3.30PM until 5.30PM
- Staff Sport – Currently Badminton club each Wednesday
- Knit and Natter – 3-4PM in the Library on a Wednesday or Thursday (TBC)
- Every Friday – Staff Breakfast in the Food Room (£3 charge – Book in advance)
- The ‘Wellbeing team’ are available should they wish to speak to someone (Support etc)
- Postcards that colleagues can complete and give to one another to recognise good work (Post in the box in staffroom)
- Love hearts were given to each member of staff with a little card saying ‘Have a wonderful HT’.
- End of term complimentary breakfast
- Staff Christmas meal in canteen before this Christmas break, which included a raffle
- £2,000 Recruitment/Retention bonus offered on some positions
Welcome to St Augustine Academy