Horton Kirby CEP School
A school was first established in the village of Horton Kirby in 1857 and the present school, which combined the village schools of Horton Kirby and South Darenth, was opened by the Bishop of Tonbridge in 1970. The building consists of eleven classrooms. Adjacent to these are libraries, resource and play areas. The school hall is used for dining, assemblies, gymnastics and games. The roll is currently 284, organised into 10 classes.
The school has developed close links with the community and the Church. Parents are always welcomed into the school and many work alongside the professional staff supporting reading, maths skills, computing, cooking, etc.
We aim to provide a caring, stimulating, well disciplined atmosphere at the school. To this end staff work co-operatively and professionally together to provide for our pupils. As of February 2015, the school has been graded GOOD in all areas by OFSTED. This has been followed up with a GOOD in our SIAMs (Church) inspection March 2016.