Warning - This Vacancy is now Closed!
As a Science Technician you will work in the Science Department. The core function of the role is to provide technical support to the work of the teachers in the Science Department.
A key factor in the success of any Science Department, Science Technicians enable the smooth running of the department by ensuring that apparatus is operating properly and safely for the use in practical Science lessons.
Specific tasks will vary according to the term, however typical duties include:
• Carrying out risk assessments for practical and technical activities
• Preparing necessary solutions and equipment for practical experiments
• Maintaining, repairing and taking inventory of apparatus
• Liaising with staff over equipment and safety issues
• Running trials of experiments and demonstrations
• Supporting the overall work of the Science Department
• Carrying out administrative tasks to support teachers.
You will need: 5 GCSEs at A*-C or equivalent, including English and Maths,
Some previous relevant experience of working in a similar role
Some experience of health and safety in the work place and ideally good scientific knowledge.
Interviews to be held Thursday 16 or Friday 17 July
WAT Support Grade D £16,416 -£17,421 (FTE £19,171 -£20,344)
The Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All posts will be subject to satisfactory references and successful applicants will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS.
St Augustine Academy is an all ability school committed to providing an education that ensures that all students succeed and make the most of the opportunities and experiences available to them. Our core principles are based on developing the gifts and talents of all students, whatever they may be, and guiding them on to a career path to fulfil their aspirations.
Another core foundation of the Academy is our Faith. Our Christian inclusive ethos is encapsulated by our small community Chapter system where every student is known and nurtured. All students have the opportunity to develop their sense of spirituality, morality, self -respect and wellbeing.
We believe that students are engaged and achieve when the environment is both caring and orderly with teaching that fires their imagination and brings learning to life. With a grammar stream, our innovative curriculum and extensive Enrichment programme gives students access to those essential employability skills which future generations will need to succeed.
Vision: ‘believe in more’
St Augustine Academy is a high performing school where every student is known, valued and nurtured. We want to prepare our students to be responsible, enquiring, tolerant and confident members of society who can use their talents and abilities to be successful in a world that is constantly changing.
We are committed to:
• Providing an inclusive community based on Christian values
• Developing the whole person and inspiring a confident, ‘can do’ attitude
• Encouraging individual aptitudes and interests so that students can reach their full potential both academically and personally
• Offering high quality CPD to staff to ensure staff and students are as successful as they can be
We have high expectations and believe in:
• Excellent behaviour with courtesy and respect for others
• The highest levels of attendance and punctuality
• The enjoyment of learning whilst expecting hard work from all involved in the Academy.
Below are documents that have been added to this vacancy.
Copyright Cantium Business Solutions 2020
Developed by Evolution