Warning - This Vacancy is now Closed!
Appointment of Head of Chemistry (MPS/UPS)
TLR2 £4,655 - £6,829 (to be negotiated)
Information for Applicants: Borden Grammar School is committed to providing students in Swale with every advantage that being a selective school can offer. That the school secured two good and improving Ofsted reports in 2013 and 2016 is also reflected in the improvement shown within Science as a whole and Chemistry in particular (at GCSE) during this period.
The Science department is successful in many ways. Science subjects have a high take-up rate in KS5, where all three disciplines are popular. At GCSE the majority of students are entered for the Separate Science pathway. Historically, outcomes at KS4 have been strong; there is work to be done in the subject, both in relation to the proportion of students securing A*-B grades and value added in general. With regards to extra-curricular projects the successful applicant would be expected to contribute willingly to this ethos.
This is a role for a suitably ambitious teacher, who is committed to achieving high standards in all areas of school life; you will demonstrate the potential to contribute a great deal to the future development of Borden Grammar School. You will have a clear personal ethos about the achievement of boys as well as the advantages that a grammar school education can bring to the community we serve. You will certainly possess both the strategic thinking about how to raise achievement and the drive to achieve the best for all students that you are responsible for and staff that you lead.
Application process: Although the closing date is 12.00pm on Friday 6 December; the school reserves the right to consider the merit of early applications. The interview process will be designed for you to demonstrate both your leadership and teaching ability. If you would like to apply please return a fully completed application form (leaving no gaps in employment). Please do not provide a CV.
Borden is a vibrant and purposeful grammar school for boys. The school is part of a thriving post-16 partnership and has female students in the Sixth Form. Borden provides a stimulating learning environment for its students and is committed to their protection and safety. Borden became an Academy in January 2012.
Borden Grammar is committed to:
• Challenging and inspiring our students to achieve their personal aspirations.
• Encouraging the pursuit of excellence in academic, sporting and cultural spheres.
• Providing a caring environment that enables our students to thrive socially and academically.
• Maximising the advantage, that being a boys’ grammar school can bring to our students, our parents, our local community and beyond.
The school underwent successful Ofsted Inspections in November 2013 and November 2016. The inspectors concluded that:
• All staff share the Headteacher’s ambitious vision which focuses on the achievement of every student within a highly supportive and harmonious community.
• Parents, staff and students are exceptionally positive about the standards of behaviour and safety in the school.
• Students arrive at their lessons hungry to learn and engage enthusiastically with classroom activities.
• The relationship between teachers and students is a particularly strong feature of the school and helps to ensure that there is an exceptionally positive climate for learning.
GDPR Summary Notice:
Candidates should understand that when submitting their application form they are giving consent to the following:
• All application forms and supporting statements are held on all candidates for six months and are shredded thereafter;
• The successful candidate’s application and employment records will be kept for six years after their termination of employment;
• Employees' details are shared with appropriate third parties such as Teachers’ Pensions, Human Resources, etc.
Fax: 01795 424026
Below are documents that have been added to this vacancy.
Copyright Cantium Business Solutions 2020
Developed by Evolution