Warning - This Vacancy is now Closed!
Tonbridge Grammar School
Examinations Officer: Years 7–11
24 hours per week, Term Time, Salary range: Currently £24,706 - £27,250 FTE (actual salary £13,830 - £15,254)
Local Government Pension Scheme
You will join our friendly and hardworking administration team taking responsibility
for the running of the School’s examinations programmes in Years 7-11, including
This role is based on annualised hours as you will have a variable workload at different times of the year. The post holder must complete 960 hours over 39 weeks term time including 24 hours in August to support the results process (usually in the third week of August).
Core duties include;
• Coordination of public and internal examinations,
• Liaison with examination boards, staff, students and parents,
• The management of Exam Invigilators
The successful candidate will demonstrate;
• Good organisational skills
• Attention to detail
• Ability to work to deadlines
• Good numeracy and IT skills
• Proactivity and adaptability
Experience of SIMS (Capita) and examinations administration within a secondary
school setting is desirable but not essential. Training will be provided.
Please email completed application forms to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications: Wednesday 18th September 2019
Interview date: Week commencing 23rd September 2019
Tonbridge Grammar School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check. We reserve the right to interview before the closing date.
About Tonbridge Grammar School
We are a high achieving selective grammar school with academy status, educating girls between the ages of 11 to 16 and girls and boys in the Sixth Form (1166 students on roll). The School prepares students for GCSEs and the International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme following the Middle Years Programme in Years 7-9. Our students are encouraged to take part in an extensive range of extracurricular activities.
TGS is situated in Kent ‘the garden of England’, close to Royal Tunbridge Wells. This location is ideal for trips to London and you will also find beautiful countryside on your doorstep. Excellent transport links to both London and the coast.
Ethos and Values
Tonbridge Grammar School is an IBO World School and our ethos and values are closely aligned to those of the International Baccalaureate Organisation with its focus on intercultural awareness, holistic learning and communication.
Benefits of joining our community
There is a collegiality amongst the staff at TGS which creates a working environment that is intellectually stimulating and highly rewarding.
Staff benefits include:
• Two full days of induction and a professional studies programme throughout your first year
• Internationally accredited IB training and MA opportunities
• For NQT’s – Employment form July: phased timetable of teaching and observations, payment over the summer holiday
preceding your first year with us
• 10 Academy days giving time for team collaboration and meetings
• Motivated and talented students who are eager to learn in a calm and positive environment
• Teachers’ Pension and Local Government Pension Scheme
• Well-being package provided by Schools Advisory Service
• Bike to work scheme
• Overseas trip opportunities such as Ski-ing, Malawi, Iceland and Japan
• Free staff fitness classes and mindfulness
• Organised staff social activities
Ofsted rating is Outstanding
Below are documents that have been added to this vacancy.
Copyright Cantium Business Solutions 2019
Developed by Evolution