Warning - This Vacancy is now Closed!
We are looking for an enthusiastic, highly motivated, well-organised Teaching Assistant to join our successful small school. Our most recent Good Ofsted took place in September 2018. Monkton CEP School is a partner in the newly formed Federation of Minster and Monkton Church of England Primary Schools.
This is a temporary, term time only post for 32 and a half hours per week. It will comprise of 27 and a half hours as a Teaching Assistant on KR3 and 5 hours a week as a Mid Day Meals Supervisor on KR2. This post will run for one academic year and will be reassessed at that point.
The successful candidate will start on the 3rd September 2019, however, we would like to arrange an induction prior to this date, which will probably be the 2nd September 2019.
The successful candidate will:
• Be an experienced Teaching Assistant with a proven track record, who has recent experience of a sustained and successful placement in the classroom
• Be committed to team working and leading by example
• Be able to demonstrate the ability to follow the teacher’s plans, to aid the children in completing tasks and raise their attainment
• Be able to feedback to the teacher the children’s achievements and challenges.
• Be able to complete informal assessments and observations during lesson time and group activities
• Be able to engage, motivate and support pupils, with flair, sensitivity and with consistently high expectations
• Be able to demonstrate positive behaviour management strategies
This position will be in KS2 and therefore the successful candidate will need a good standard of English and Maths ability (GCSE Grade C or above is desirable), in order to support the learning of our children.
• Enthusiastic, engaging children • A supportive school community with excellent facilities • A commitment to ensure all staff and pupils succeed • Excellent continuing professional development opportunities • A dedicated, happy team who will warmly welcome you
Prospective candidates will be expected to make an informal visit to the school. Please contact the Business Manager, Fiona Webb to make an appointment.
If you are successful in gaining an interview, you will be asked to complete a 20 minute small group activity, as directed by the class teacher, as well as taking part in a formal interview.
Monkton CEP School is an outstanding, small and friendly Church of England school with a strong Christian ethos, we have 102 children on roll. The school is set in a fantastic countryside location, on the fringe of Thanet and has a terrific school site.
Our ethos is ‘Every child is Special’ and with a warm, supportive atmosphere we, including supportive parents, all work together to ensure every child achieves their full potential. We are looking for someone who will bring their passion for learning and humour to join our dynamic and extremely hardworking team.
We have a dedicated, supportive and friendly staff who aim to ensure that every child at our school feels safe and secure, developing their potential to the full. We promote the Christian foundation of our school and have been judged as an Outstanding Church School.
We work closely alongside other local schools and we are a partner in the 'Federation of Minster and Monkton Church of England Primary Schools'. This allows for great CPD and shared good practice.
Fax: (01843) 821394
Copyright Cantium Business Solutions 2019
Developed by Evolution