Warning - This Vacancy is now Closed!
Maternity Cover: Teacher of English
Start date: April 2019
Information for Applicants:
Borden Grammar School is committed to providing students in Swale with every advantage that being a selective school can offer. This vacancy provides the opportunity to teach English to cover for a colleague whilst they are on maternity leave.
The English Department is successful in many ways. The English Department consists of six staff and is very well led by an experienced Head of Department who is both aspirational and innovative in her approach. English is taught across all three Key Stages and there may be opportunities to provide the right colleague with Advanced Level teaching. Within the department some colleagues also contribute to the delivery of Film Studies at Advanced Level and Drama at GCSE.
Extra-curricular projects are common place within the department across all three Key Stages; regular trips to theatres occur to enrich students’ appreciation for their studies. Any successful applicant would be expected to contribute willingly to this ethos.
This is a post for a suitably qualified teacher; you might be looking for a fresh challenge or even be relatively new to the profession. Most importantly you will be committed to achieving high standards in all areas of school life: academic; pastoral and cultural. Your own personal ethos will reflect the school’s ambition for boys to become confident and curious learners who will use their skills to make a positive contribution to society.
Whilst the closing date is 12pm on Monday 25 February 2019 the school reserves the right to consider the merit of early applications
If you would like to apply please return a fully completed application form (also available on our website) - leaving no gaps in employment. Please do not submit a CV. You are welcome to provide a letter of application as a continuation of the application form.
Borden is a vibrant and purposeful grammar school for boys. The school is part of a thriving post-16 partnership and has female students in the Sixth Form. Borden provides a stimulating learning environment for its students and is committed to their protection and safety. Borden became an Academy in January 2012.
The current Headteacher has been in post since September 2013 and under his leadership Borden is committed to:
• Challenging and inspiring our students to achieve their personal aspirations.
• Encouraging the pursuit of excellence in academic, sporting and cultural spheres.
• Providing a caring environment that enables our students to thrive socially and academically.
• Maximising the advantage, that being a boys’ grammar school can bring to our students, our parents, our local community and beyond.
The school underwent successful Ofsted Inspections in November 2013 and November 2016. The inspectors concluded that:
• All staff share the Headteacher’s ambitious vision which focuses on the achievement of every student within a highly supportive and harmonious community.
• Parents, staff and students are exceptionally positive about the standards of behaviour and safety in the school.
• Students arrive at their lessons hungry to learn and engage enthusiastically with classroom activities.
• The relationship between teachers and students is a particularly strong feature of the school and helps to ensure that there is an exceptionally positive climate for learning.
GDPR Summary Notice:
Candidates should understand that when submitting their application form they are giving consent to the following:
• All application forms and supporting statements are held on all candidates for six months and are shredded thereafter;
• The successful candidate’s application and employment records will be kept for six years after their termination of employment;
• Employee’s details are shared with appropriate third parties such as Teachers’ Pensions, Human Resources, Auditors, payroll provider etc. Moreover employee data will be used to complete necessary returns such as the school workforce census at both a local and national level.
Fax: 01795 424026
Below are documents that have been added to this vacancy.
Copyright Cantium Business Solutions 2019
Developed by Evolution