Head Teacher Vacancy
Employment type: Full time
Closing date for applications: 12 April 12:00pm
Interview days: 26 & 27 April 2023
Start date: September 2023
Dunton Green Primary School is a one form entry, community school with maintained status which has been at the heart of Dunton Green – a community on the northern outskirts of Sevenoaks – for over 100 years. The School is set in lovely grounds and benefits from good transport links with London, the rest of Kent and the South East. We have a dedicated and enthusiastic staff team, an aspirational group of governors, an active parent teacher association, TeamDG, and a supportive wider community.
We are looking to appoint a new Headteacher following the decision of the current Headteacher to step down after six highly successful years which has left the School well-placed for the next stages in its development. The School’s goal is to ensure that all of our children develop a life-long love of learning with a strong emphasis on personal and social development, physical education, music and the arts as well as high academic expectations.
What we are looking for
• An experienced teaching professional who embodies the School’s core values of Respect, Resilience, Perseverance, Teamwork, Achievement and Kindness
• An aspirational leader who will inspire – and be a positive influence on – the pupils, staff team, parents/carers and local community
• A person who can think strategically, initiating, planning, monitoring and evaluating school improvements and changes and who works effectively with other schools and organisations to champion best practice for the benefit of all groups of pupils
• A leader who will work effectively and in partnership with the staff team to respond to change, plan activities and manage resources to improve pupils’ progress and achievements and to ensure the sustainability of the School.
What we can offer you
• A caring school community with thoughtful, enthusiastic and well-behaved pupils
• A passionate staff team including a dedicated Assistant Headteacher and Senior Leadership Team
• A school which is well-positioned for the next stages in its development and where a committed, caring leader will be able to see the impact of her/his contribution on the pupils, staff and wider community
• Strong support from the community, including from the parent teacher association and the governors.
The key qualities our Year 6 children have said they are looking for in the new Headteacher
• A role model who demonstrates our core values and is polite, kind, patient and fair
• A good listener who is calm, honest and open-minded
• Someone who is in control, reasonable, creative and hard working
• A caring person who is trustworthy and supports our achievements.
Visits and tours of the school are encouraged, please contact the office to arrange this firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all our students. You are advised that this post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (Amendment) (England and Wales) Order 2020 and therefore this post is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure Application to the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).