Employment type: Full-time
Salary: £64,225 - £83,126
Close date: 14th April 2023, 12:00pm
Date of Interviews: 27th and 28th April 2023
Position start date: September 2023
‘Nurturing the Potential in Everyone’
Are you a motivated and inspirational leader who is seeking their next challenge? Do you hold a passionate desire for every child to flourish and achieve their very best in their academic, social, physical, and spiritual development?
Following the decision of the current Headteacher to step down after eight very successful years and leaving the school well-placed for the next stages in its development, we are looking to appoint a new Headteacher to join our highly popular and vibrant school based in Tunbridge Wells. This is an amazing opportunity for you to lead us though the next phase of our strategic vision.
The school’s goal is to ensure that all our children develop a life-long love of learning with a strong emphasis on nurturing the potential in everyone within an inclusive, happy, and supportive environment.
We are looking for a highly motivated individual to lead our dynamic leadership team on its continuous journey of improvement and who will put the pupils at the heart of everything they do, striving to meet their needs and maximising every opportunity.
The school supports a rich, diverse population with strong links to the local community, schools, and Diocese, providing an exciting, thriving, and caring environment for staff, children and their families.
To see what a wonderful environment St John’s is, we warmly encourage you to visit our school to meet with the Deputy Head and Governors on Monday 17th April. Although this is after the application close date, due to the Easter holidays, we welcome applicants to apply and then come to view the school upon it's opening. Please contact Melanie Godwin on the email firstname.lastname@example.org or the school reception on 01892 678980 to arrange.
The Governors are looking for a Headteacher who is:
• an inspirational leader with proven knowledge, skills and experience to lead, support and motivate our wonderful school team
• skilled in maintaining collaborative partnerships with the Governing Board, staff, pupils, parents and the local community
• an outward and forward-looking leader who is able to demonstrate strategic thinking and drive the school vision forward
• a champion of safeguarding, inclusion and wellbeing for both staff and pupils
In return we can offer…
• an experienced, collaborative senior leadership team
• a school with fantastic extensive grounds and wide ranging facilities to support our broad curriculum
• a supportive, positive and caring environment with opportunities for continual professional development
• an oversubscribed school with a strong financial position
• a knowledgeable, committed and passionate Governing Board
• engaged and motivated pupils who champion the school’s vision and values
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all our students. You are advised that this post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (Amendment) (England and Wales) Order 2020 and therefore this post is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure Application to the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).