Warning - This Vacancy is now Closed!
Class Teacher - September 2021
The role of class teacher lies at the heart of the School’s academic and pastoral life. He or she oversees and guides the chlidren’s educational and general School life and supports and promotes their welfare, maintaining close contact with each child. The class teacher is usually the first port of call for parents, and contact with parents, working with them to support the child, is seen as a key part of the role of a Bronte teacher. All teachers at Bronte take on a role of co-ordination of one or more academic subjects, and, often, of additional school-wide responsibilities in other areas.
On a personal level, the School seeks to train and develop staff through INSET and other means.
In summary, there are three areas of responsibility:
- class teaching
- subject co-ordination
- other school duties and roles; personal development
- Qualifications, and Experience. The role could suit an experienced teacher or someone with less experience. NQTs are also welcome to apply.
- Personal Qualities. Enthusiasm and empathy with the children, academic assurance and confidence, and highly effective classroom skills are the key qualities being sought.
Terms and Conditions; Appointment Process
- Terms and Conditions. Terms and conditions are based upon those of a full-time teacher. Salary is based on Bronte’s own scales. There is a pension scheme. Holidays should be taken in School holidays.
- Appointment Process. Applications, comprising a brief covering letter, a CV and a completed application form, should be sent by Monday 12th April 2021, to the Bursar, Miss Susan Allison (firstname.lastname@example.org, 01474 533805), from whom the application forms are available. All applications will be acknowledged.
Interviews are planned to take place on 22nd and 27th April. There will be an opportunity for short-listed candidates to visit the School beforehand. Anyone who is giving serious consideration to an application is welcome to have a call with the Headmistress, Mrs Emma Wood. This should be arranged through the School Office Manager, Mrs Nicky Mason (email@example.com, 01474 533805).
It is expected that those being asked for interview will be informed by Friday 16th April.
Bronte School and Nursery Ltd is an equal opportunities employer. The School and the Nursery are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and expects all staff to share this commitment. The successful candidate for this post will be required to undertake a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
Bronte School is an independent preparatory school for children aged 3 to 11. The School’s ethos is based upon the twin pillars of academic excellence and of being a family school. A stimulating and purposeful curriculum is accompanied by high quality academic management, which aims to provide inspiration and challenge for all the children of the school, analysing in detail progress and attainment for each individual boy and girl. Educational breadth is seen as complementary to depth and level of study. Art, music, PE and drama take their place alongside the humanities, languages, science, and the core subjects of English and mathematics.
The School has considerable success in supporting children through to a place at their first-choice school. For many this is a Kent grammar school, whilst others also go on independent schools or other types of state schools.
Bronte is a small school, of around 150 pupils, in a single class entry, with maximum class size of 20. The teachers are dedicated, professional and caring, and they get to know the children very well. This is a central part of the School’s family atmosphere. Pastoral care is strong, and is seen as fundamental to the children’s success, happiness and sense of self-fulfilment.
The School has a Christian tradition, at the same time as having extensive diversity in the ethnic and cultural composition of its families, reflecting that of the local area.
Below are documents that have been added to this vacancy.
Copyright Cantium Business Solutions 2021
Developed by Evolution