Warning - This Vacancy is now Closed!
Compass Community School is a part of a national, well-respected and child focussed residential and fostering organisation.
Our school is a key element of an emotionally-literate and therapeutic community which provides a nurturing and robust education for pupils with social, emotional and mental health difficulties, as well as a range of other associated learning and attachment-based barriers to learning.
You will be part of a small, specialised and dedicated team which is committed to providing a safe and inclusive learning environment where everyone is valued and encouraged to reach their full potential; from Functional Skills to GCSE.
· Competitive rates of pay
· Increased professional development and career opportunities including an extensive and specialised training package
· An excellent induction programme
· On-going mentoring and coaching sessions
· A very supportive and widely experienced team.
The right candidate will have:
· A GCSE or equivalent qualification in English and Mathematics
· Experience working with children with social, emotional and mental health needs
· Experience supporting children with wide range specific learning difficulties and other barriers to learning
· Experience of, and confidence with, dealing with a range of highly challenging behaviours
· Emotional resilience and be motivated by challenge.
· The desire to progress professionally within a nationally expanding child focused service.
· The desire to be engaged in all aspects of school life from the academic to the pastoral.
· Experience and willingness to lead one-to-one and small group learning activities and sessions both in and out of the classroom.
· Experience in assisting in the implementation of Individual Education Plans (IEP/ILPs) for pupils and to help monitor their progress
· An enthusiastic, friendly and open attitude with a consistent and firm approach to classroom support
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
· Strong ICT skills
· A passion to make a real difference to the education and lives of young people.
· The ability to be reflective, dynamic and creative in their practice and a willing to work within the Compass Community values and ethos.
Qualifications such as NVQ L2/3 in Supporting Teaching and Learning or equivalent are desirable but not essential.
Compass Community is committed to safeguarding and protecting the children and young people that we work with. As such, all posts are subject to a safer recruitment process, including the disclosure of criminal records and vetting checks. We ensure that we have a range of policies and procedures in place which promote safeguarding and safer working practice across our services.
Ferndearle School is part of a therapeutic community which supports children who exhibit challenging behaviour. This independent school is supported by teaching staff who are highly trained in therapeutic practices. The age range of the students is 7 - 16yrs and the school is staffed by teachers and teaching assistants on a ratio of 1:2. The school covers two sites and currently has 14 pupils.
Fax: 01303 254505
Copyright Cantium Business Solutions 2021
Developed by Evolution