Warning - This Vacancy is now Closed!
Rye College is seeking to appoint an enthusiastic, energetic and adaptable PE Teacher who can demonstrate excellent subject knowledge, to join our highly-motivated team. We are driven by a pursuit of high academic standards regardless of background and a desire for all students to experience an exceptional education. We are open to applications from experienced teachers or ambitious newcomers.
Our ideal candidate will:
· Be an excellent teacher to students of all abilities in key stages 3 and 4;
· Have a love of the subject and desire and ability to convey this to students;
· Be enthusiastic, energetic and open to innovation;
· Possess effective communication skills and be emotionally intelligent;
· Possess effective ICT skills and be open to new uses of technology in the workplace;
· Be committed to extra-curricular activities including lunch time activities;
· Be committed to continuing professional learning;
· Have integrity, optimism and a good sense of humour;
· Hold a good honours degree along with qualified teacher status.
In return, we offer:
· A happy community committed to the professional development of all colleagues;
· A distinctive local context ensuring we place inclusivity at the heart of all we do;
· A skilled and experienced team of teachers and other professionals;
· A motivated leadership team leading rapid improvement to the students’ life chances;
· A college in which the students are enthusiastic, engaging and thoughtful.
We would be pleased to welcome you for an informal visit to our college prior to application.
Rye College is committed to safeguarding the young people in our care and we expect all our staff to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check.
Applicants should complete and return the application form included with this advert
There is significant transformational change improving the standard of education and facilities at Rye College - ideal for ambitious and talented teachers to truly make a difference. Having seen an impressive rise in progress and attainment outcomes last summer, we continue to focus on delivering academic excellence with a commitment to high-quality pedagogy and teacher training.
We offer excellent opportunities for those who can deliver in the classroom and wish to progress their career. We work to instill a sense of responsibility in all our students - a sense of ownership of their learning, of their college, of their actions and of the consequences. In today's complex world, children need both the knowledge and the skills to compete in a global market place but also need a sense of their humanity - the ability to respect, to empathise and to be caring and compassionate individuals.
Our curriculum offer is simple; broad and balanced with an academic core. It combines a foundation in the national curriculum subjects, a focus on academic achievement in English, mathematics, science and the humanities with a broader offer of suitable academic, vocational and technical qualifications.
In recent years, our students have found much success in the creative arts - and this is a commitment we see in our curriculum offer for the next academic year. We are looking to recruit experienced and newly qualified teachers who want to raise standards through the creation of vibrant and innovative classrooms. Central to this is an ability to work in partnership with our families and other professionals to continue our mission to build an amazing college that delivers excellence for every one of our students.
Below are documents that have been added to this vacancy.
Copyright Cantium Business Solutions 2020
Developed by Evolution