Warning - This Vacancy is now Closed!
Teacher of Geography
Full Time. Required from September 2019
NQT or Main Professional Scale
This is an exciting opportunity to join Mayfield Grammar School to teach
Geography up to GCSE level and A Level.
We are looking to appoint a newly qualified teacher or well qualified colleague on the main professional scale who is flexible, highly motivated and creative. The successful applicant will possess sound knowledge of their subject and be able to maintain the excellent results in this popular area of study.
The person appointed will receive high quality mentoring and support. There is plenty of scope to be involved in a wide range of extra-curricular activities and to play an important role in the school’s growth and development.
You will be joining a very successful department within a high performing 11-18 selective girls’ school with boys in the Sixth Form. The school has a high profile for achievement locally and nationally and prides itself on its strong record of internal professional development. The school was judged by Ofsted to be ‘Outstanding’ in all categories of inspection in June 2013.
Further details and an application form are available from the Staff Vacancies section of the school website www.mgsg.kent.sch.uk
Applications made via TES Online will be accepted.
CVs will not be considered and should not be submitted.
All applications with a covering letter addressed to Mrs E Wilson, Headteacher
must be received by 1.00pm on 23rd April 2019.
Interviews to be held shortly after the closing date.
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Mayfield Grammar School, Gravesend is a selective girls’ school with boys in the sixth form which is situated in the town of Gravesend. The school has Specialist Science and Languages College status. In February 2012 MGSG converted to Academy Status. There are circa 1200 students on roll, 240 of whom are in the Sixth Form.
The school was founded in 1914 as the County School for Girls, taking as its motto “Per aspera ad astra” (Through adversity to the stars), and moved to its present site in 1926. The original building with its bell tower, central quadrangle and walled playing fields remains today much as it was then, however the school has enjoyed many modernisations.
The school benefits from a loyal, stable, well qualified and experienced staff who work together as a team. Staff-student relationships flourish in a relaxed and caring environment, where students are encouraged to achieve their full potential. The calm friendly atmosphere, combined with acceptance of the need for hard work, provides a high success rate in public examinations. This gives the school its good reputation and continues the tradition of excellence which began in 1914.
Below are documents that have been added to this vacancy.
Copyright Cantium Business Solutions 2019
Developed by Evolution