A fantastic opportunity to join and lead a vitally important and creative team within Oasis Academy Isle of Sheppey. The ideal candidate will be enthusiastic, knowledgeable and innovative, with the ability to ensure high quality teaching, learning and student achievement for our SEN students.
Oasis Academies exist to provide a rich and balanced educational environment which caters for the whole person. Our vision is to deliver exceptional education at the heart of our community. In this way we will raise aspirations, unlock potential and work to achieve excellence through encouraging a ‘can do’ culture which nurtures confident and competent people.
Our Academy is proud to be one of 51 Oasis Academies in the UK. We are one of the largest mixed comprehensive schools in the country with capacity for 2,500 student, spread across our two campuses.
The post holder will be joining us at a critically exciting point in our development and we would be interested to hear the unique skills and attributes you can offer the young people we work alongside.
Our ideal candidate:
Achieving our mission requires a special person and committed teacher who can demonstrate:
- A relentless focus on achieving the highest standards
- The ability to work as a strong and effective team player
- Commitment to developing the character of all our young people
- Relentless perseverance, determination and resilience
- A strong commitment to the Oasis ethos
- Passion for your subject and the willingness to undergo continual professional development
The benefits of working with Oasis:
- The opportunity to work as part of a dynamic and inspirational team
- High quality professional development opportunities
- State of the art buildings and facilities
- Support and development from our wide range of local and national educational partners including 51 Oasis academies nationally
- The opportunity to be part of a truly rewarding and exciting experience
- The chance to transform the lives of our amazing students in a fast paced and rapidly improving school.
- Employee discount scheme and free access to Microsoft packages for the family
Please visit the OCL website for further information.
Oasis is committed to making a difference to the lives of the communities it works in, and as such, you must show a willingness to demonstrate commitment to the values and behaviours which flow from the Oasis ethos. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. We expect all staff to share this commitment and to undergo appropriate right to work and DBS checks.
This post is covered by Part 7 of the Immigration Act (2016) and therefore the ability to speak fluent spoken English is an essential requirement for this role.