Kent-Teach School Privacy Notice
Last Updated: 23rd April 2019
Kent-Teach is part of Cantium Business Solutions, a company owned by Kent County Council, it provides a recruitment service to schools, academies, trusts and education establishments in Kent. We aim to maintain the highest possible standards and seek to adopt best practice with regards to the way in which we manage and process data in the course of our business. Individuals applying for vacancies advertised on Kent-Teach should refer to the relevant school or education establishment’s privacy notice. We are not responsible for the privacy practice of those establishments and you are advised to check the privacy policies of those other sites for their terms and conditions.
We evaluate the relevant sites which we provide links to, but we do not give approval or endorsement of those websites and we are not responsible for their content or privacy practices. As such, links to other websites are not covered by this policy and individuals are advised to check the privacy policies of those other sites for their terms and conditions.
Kent-Teach collects, uses and is responsible for certain personal information about you. When we do we are regulated under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
Should you have any questions about this privacy notice please contact our Data Protection Officer, iSystems at email@example.com.
Who are we?
Kent-Teach is a recruitment website that provides a platform for schools, academies, trusts and education establishments within Kent to advertise their staff vacancies. Kent-Teach collects, uses and is responsible for certain personal information about you. When we do so we are regulated under the General Data Protection Regulation which applies across the European Union (including in the United Kingdom) and we are responsible as ‘controller’ of that personal information for the purposes of those laws.
Should you have any questions about this privacy notice please contact our Data Protection Officer, iSystems – see the Who to Contact section below.
The personal information we collect and use
Information collected by us
For the purpose of schools, trusts and academies, we ask you to complete a Booking Form in order to create your school’s advertising account, so that you can login in and publish school vacancies. For education establishments, we ask you to complete a Non-School Job Booking Form so we receive necessary details in order for Kent-Teach to upload your establishment’s advert. For purpose of Headteacher recruitment, we also ask you to provide us with your First Name, Last Name and Email Address in order for Kent-Teach to provide you with access to the Governor Portal. The personal information we ask from you is detailed in the bullet points below:
Personal Information Required:
• Contact and Identity Information: Name of Headteacher/Executive Headteacher/ChiefExecutive Name and Email, Contact Name (responsible for the recruitment account), Email Address, Name of Authoriser and Position Held Within Organisation.Recruitment/Advertising Contact Name and Email Address.
• For Trusts/Federations:
We require the above Contact and Identity Information, Name of Authoriser and also the following details of all of the Trust schools that you wish to be registered on Kent-Teach: Names of Headteachers, School Contact Numbers, School Addresses and Email Adresses.
• Education Establishments: Organisation Name, Invoice Contact Name, Recruitment Contact Name, Email Address, Name of Authoriser, Position Held Within School.
• For Governors: Name and email addresses (this information is used to create a Governor Account for the purpose of Headteacher recruitment)
• Video and Photographic Images: We may use your image in photographs and video to enhance live vacancies, upon schools sharing this data with us. Please note, this is optional and conditional to you having provided the school with permission to do so.
How we use your personal information
We use your contact and identity information to perform our contract with the school. We need this information, so the school can use their Kent-Teach School account effectively. We record the information, so a School account can be created, and schools can login to their advertising account and upload live vacancies that are published on Kent-Teach.com. The school account enables schools to manage their own recruitment via an easy online process. We also provide you with the opportunity to opt in to email news and updates from Kent-Teach about our products, services and offers that we think may be of interest to you.
We use Trust/Federation information to perform our contract with the trust/federation. We need this information, so the trust/federation and individual school within can use their Kent-Teach account effectively. We record the information, so a trust/federation and relevant school accounts can be created, and all establishments can login to their advertising account and upload live vacancies that are published on Kent-Teach.com. The trust/federation account provides easy access and allows a trust/federation to oversee and manage recruitment on behalf of their trust/federation and schools. We also provide you with the opportunity to opt in to email news and updates from Kent-Teach about our products, services and offers that we think may be of interest to you.
We use your Education Establishment information to perform our contract with you. We need this information, so we can upload adverts on behalf of the of the establishment. We record the information, so a School account can be created, and schools can login to their advertising account and upload live vacancies that are published on Kent-Teach.com. The school account enables schools to manage their own recruitment via an easy online process. We also provide you with the opportunity to opt in to email news and updates from Kent-Teach about our products, services and offers that we think may be of interest to you.
We request Governor contact information to create a ‘Governor’ Kent-Teach account. This account allows Governors or anyone else on the designated school recruitment panel to view submitted application forms, a shortlisting matrix, Job Description and Person Specification for shortlisting purposes. We will also use your email address to contact you in relation to the recruitment process being undertaken.
We use your video and photographic images for the purpose of school’s recruitment, as outlined in the consent you have provided to the school. As we process your data on behalf of the school (the Data Controller), we will ask them to confirm they have requested your specific consent via clear, plain language and told you where your data will be kept on our website and for how long.
How long your personal data will be kept
• For School Advertising Accounts, Kent-Teach will hold your contact information until the end of the school’s advertising contract. We may change Headteacher contact name upon request from the school if a change of personnel occurs. You will be required to advise us of this change in order for us to update our records.
• For Governor Accounts (created for the purpose of Headteacher recruitment), Kent-Teach will hold your Governor contact information for one month after the closing date. After this time, your Governor account will be deleted so you no longer have access to this account.
• Video and photographic images that are shared with Kent-Teach by schools for the purpose of Leadership microsite recruitment will be stored for 6 months after the closing date, after this time the photos will be deleted. We will only hold this data if your school provides Kent-Teach with sufficient evidence of consent.
Where will your information be held
Information may be held at our offices and those of our service providers, representatives and agents as described above.
We share your personal data with MailChimp. This will involve transferring your data outside the EEA to the United States. Further information is available here: https://mailchimp.com/legal/privacy/#1._The_Basics
We will only transfer your personal data to countries that have been deemed to provide an adequate level of protection for personal data by the European Commission. For further details see https://ec.europa.eu/info/law/law-topic/data-protection/data-transfers-outside-eu/adequacy-protection-personal-data-non-eu-countries_en
Where we use certain service providers, we may use specific contracts approved by the European Commission which give personal data the same protection it has in Europe. For further details, see European Commission Model contracts for the transfer of personal data to third countries.
Where we use providers based in the US, we may transfer data to them if they are part of the Privacy Shield which requires them to provide similar protection to personal data shared between Europe and the US.
For further information see European Commission: EU-US Privacy Shield:
Please contact us if you want further information on the specific mechanism used by us when transferring your personal data out of the EEA.
The lawful basis for which we collect and use your personal data
The lawful basis for which we collect and use your personal data are as follows:
• with your consent
• for the performance of a contract
• for compliance with a legal obligation or,
• legitimate interests in offering recruitment practice advice and/or the legitimate interests of our clients to receive recruitment advice
The provision of contact information is required from your school to enable your School’s account to be created where you can login to this account and successfully post adverts on behalf of the school.
We require your school to provide contact information for its contract with us. If you do not provide your contact information, we will be unable to create a School account and you will not be able to publish school vacancies on Kent-Teach.com.
We require your Governor contact information to create a Governor account. If you do not provide your Governor contact information, you will not be able to view any submitted applications, shortlisting matrix, Job Description and Person Specification for the vacancy shortlisting.
Who we share your personal information with
Providers of management information systems and platforms used by Kent-Teach may also have access to personal and sensitive personal data to enable them to provide the service for which they have been contracted. We require any providers to respect the confidentiality and security of your personal data and treat it in accordance with the law. We may transfer your personal information outside the EU, but if we do, you can expect a similar degree of protection in respect of your personal information.
Our Kent-Teach Website Development Team, Evolution Internet Ltd, has complete access to data on Kent-Teach including all the contact information, governor contact information and video and photographic images. This is to maintain and ensure the effective running of Kent-Teach.com.
• We will not share your personal information with third parties without consent, unless we are required to do so by law. We will disclose your Personal Data to third parties when:
- We are under duty to disclose or share your Personal Data in order to comply with any legal obligation.
- In order to enforce any agreements with you or purchases made via us, with these third parties.
• We will share your specific personal data with our internal Cantium Business Solutions Commercial Team. This data is:
- School Contact Name
- School Contact Email Address
• For the following purposes:
- Email Marketing
• In the following cases:
- When you have opted in to Kent-Teach email marketing.
• If you provide us with video and photographic images for any advertising purpose, this data is shared on Kent-Teach.com microsites and school galleries that are attached to that school’s Kent-Teach.com profile.
• When visitors view your school advert and School Profile on Kent-Teach.com, they can view: School information including Name of School/Federation/Trust, School/Federation/Trust Address, Department of Education Number/School Number, Headteacher/Executive Headteacher/Chief Executive Name and Recruitment Contact Email, School Phase, School Description, Telephone Number and School Gallery - with associated images uploaded to your school profile by the school, or by Kent-Teach and any documents you have uploaded to your school profile, are included on the school’s public profile on Kent-Teach.com.
Under the GDPR you have a number of rights which you can access free of charge which allow you to:
• Know what we are doing with your information and why we are doing it
• Ask to see what information we hold about you
• Ask us to correct any mistakes in the information we hold about you
• Object to direct marketing
• Make a complaint to the Information Commissioners Office
You are entitled to:
• Ask us to delete information we hold about you
• Have your information transferred electronically to yourself or to another organisation
• Object to decisions being made that significantly affect you
• Object to how we are using your information
• Stop us using your information in certain ways
If you would like to exercise a right, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
For further information about your rights, including the circumstances in which they apply, see the guidance from the UK Information Commissioners Office (ICO) on individuals’ rights under the General Data Protection Regulation.
We will always seek to comply with your request however we may be required to hold or use your information to comply with legal duties. Please note: your request may delay or prevent us delivering a service to your school.
If you have a concern about the way we are collecting or using your personal data, we ask that you raise your concern with us in the first instance [see Who to contact below]. Alternatively, you can contact the Information Commissioner’s Office at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/.
Keeping your personal information secure
We have appropriate security measures in place to prevent personal information from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way. We limit access to your personal information to those who have a genuine business need to know it. Those processing your information will do so only in an authorised manner and are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We also have procedures in place to deal with any suspected data security breach. We will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected data security breach where we are legally required to do so.
All of your information you provide to us is stored on secure servers. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. You must not share your password with anyone.
Electronic copies of Personal Data are kept securely, and information will only be processed where we are satisfied that it is reasonably secure.
Who to Contact
You can contact our Data Protection Officer, iSystems at email@example.com, Devonshire House, 29-31 Elmfield Road, Bromley, Kent BR1 1LT, Phone Number - 020 8050 1387.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to exercise any of your rights, or if you have a complaint about why your information has been collected, how long it has been used or how long we have kept it for.
The General Data Protection Regulation also gives you right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) – the UK supervisory authority. The ICO may be contacted at https://ico.org.uk/concerns or telephone 03031 231113.
For further information visit https://www.kent.gov.uk/about-the-council/about-the-website/privacy-statement
We keep our Privacy Notice under regular review. This document was last updated in April 2019.