Kent-Teach Member Privacy Notice
Last Updated: 18th March 2019
Kent-Teach is part of Cantium Business Solutions, a company owned by Kent County Council, it provides a recruitment service so Kent-Teach Members can apply for jobs advertised by schools, academies and trusts, via www.kent-teach.com. We aim to maintain the highest possible standards and seek to adopt best practice with regards to the way in which we manage and process data in the course of our business. Individuals applying for vacancies advertised on Kent-Teach should refer to the relevant school’s privacy notice. We are not responsible for the privacy practice of those establishments and you are advised to check the privacy policies of those other sites for their terms and conditions.
We evaluate the relevant sites which we provide links to, but we do not give approval or endorsement of those websites and we are not responsible for their content or privacy practices. As such, links to other websites are not covered by this policy and individuals are advised to check the privacy policies of those other sites for their terms and conditions.
Kent-Teach collects, uses and is responsible for certain personal information about you. When we do we are regulated under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
Should you have any questions about this privacy notice please contact our Data Protection Officer, iSystems at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Who are we?
Kent-Teach is a recruitment website that provides a platform for schools, academies and trusts within Kent to advertise their staff vacancies. Kent-Teach collects, uses and is responsible for certain personal information about you. When we do so we are regulated under the General Data Protection Regulation which applies across the European Union (including in the United Kingdom) and we are responsible as ‘joint controller’ with the school of that personal information for the purposes of those laws.
Should you have any questions about this privacy notice please contact our Data Protection Officer, iSystems – see the section Who to Contact below.
The personal information we collect and use
Information collected by us
Upon initial registration to Kent-Teach.com, we collect the following personal information when you provide it to us:
• Email address, Username
After sharing the above information, this creates a Member Jobseeker account. In order to effectively use your Member account and successfully apply for jobs, we then collect the following data detailed in the bullet points below:
• Personal details (Preferred Title, First Name, Surname), Address, Contact Details (Home Telephone Number and Email), Other Information (National Insurance number) Nationality and Immigration status** (e.g. your passport or other immigration information)
• Two References (Referee Names, Addresses, Telephone details)
• Education and Training (College/University other than Initial Teacher Training details), Secondary Education details, Secondary School Examination details, In Service Training, Development and Course details, Training as a Teacher information
• Employment History and Employment Gaps
• Working Restrictions** and Criminal Record details
• Skills, Hobbies and Interest details
• Church information (if applicable)**
• Reason for Application
• Additional Documents (to support your application)
• Equalities Information (optional)
Candidate Matches (optional):
• Name, email address, Contact Address, Telephone Numbers, Teacher Status information, DBS information, Recruitment and Employment Preferences and your Personal Statement
How we use your personal information
We use your personal information to:
• create a Member account [username and email details] so you can submit applications to schools you choose to apply to.
• enable schools to make recruitment decisions including an offer of employment following receiving any submitted application forms from you.
• send you job alerts and monthly email newsletters (if you opt for these by completing the necessary fields in the My Preferences section of your Member account).
• enable schools to contact you if you show in the ‘Candidate Matches’ school section; Candidate Matches is only available to schools via their secure School accounts and displays a list of all prospective candidate’s personal and non-personal data as listed above. Note: you have to opt in for schools to contact you by clicking ‘Activate my details’ via your Member account in the My Preferences/Activations section. You will not be matched to school jobs nor contacted by schools if the box in this section of your Member account is not ticked.
Identifiable fields on the application form are mandatory so schools can complete relevant checks and make decisions on employment. If you do not complete the application fields that are marked with asterisks (*) in the form, then you will not be able to submit an application to the relevant school.
This compulsory application information enables schools to verify your suitability for the position as well as your right to work.
Processing your data is necessary for the performance of the contract to which you (the Data Subject) are a party. We need your information mentioned in the ‘Information Required’ section above so you can use your Kent-Teach Member account effectively. We store this information to allow you to successfully apply for jobs via a hassle free and easy online process. Upon submitting your application to a school, your data is shared with that school so you are considered in their recruitment process and the school can then make a decision on employment.
How long your personal data will be kept
Kent-Teach will hold your personal information for:
• the duration of you holding a Member account; your personal data will be permanently deleted if you opt to ‘Delete’ your Member account and non-personal information will be kept for statistical purposes.
Schools will have access to your personal information on Kent-Teach via their School accounts for:
• 6 months (from the advert closing date) at which point all personal data they have access to will be deleted and non-personal data that forms part of your application will be retained for statistical analysis and reporting purposes e.g. number of support/teaching/leadership roles advertised across Kent between a particular year.
Reasons we can collect and use your personal information
We rely on:
• the performance of the contract (our terms and conditions) and our legitimate interests are running an efficient and effective recruitment service for schools and job applicants
• compliance with a legal obligation where we receive a Court Order or are otherwise required to process data to comply with the law
• your explicit consent to collect and use your special categories of personal data. (also known as sensitive data) *
• legal obligations and rights in the field of employment, public task and public interest (equal opportunities monitoring, preventing or detecting unlawful acts and protecting the public against dishonesty). We will additionally meet any special conditions and safeguards ensuring the safe use of any criminal convictions and offences data as required by the Data Protection Act.
Upon initial registration to Kent-Teach.com, the provision of your Username and Email details are required from you to enable you to have a Member account created where you will be provided with secure login details.
As we have a contractual basis for collecting your personal data, if you do not provide your Username and Email at this stage, you will not be able to apply for jobs through Kent-Teach.com.
After registering to Kent-Teach.com, the provision of personal information shown above in ‘Information Required’ section are required from you to enable you to use Kent-Teach to effectively apply for job opportunities.
Who we share your personal information with
• Your personal data from the ‘Information Required’ section is shared with relevant schools who advertise with Kent-Teach.com; only schools you apply to will have access to this data as this will be on your submitted application form.
• Our Kent-Teach Development Team, Evolution Internet Ltd based in England, has complete access to data on Kent-Teach including all of the information in the ‘Information Required’ section is needed to apply for jobs; it is necessary for Evolution Internet Ltd to have this access in order to maintain and ensure the effective running of Kent-Teach.com.
We will share personal information with law enforcement or other authorities if required by applicable law. We may also process your personal sensitive information if it is necessary for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims or whenever courts are acting in their judicial capacity.
Under the GDPR you have a number of rights which you can access free of charge which allow you to:
• Know what we are doing with your information and why we are doing it
• Ask to see what information we hold about you
• Ask us to correct any mistakes in the information we hold about you
• Object to direct marketing
• Make a complaint to the Information Commissioners Office
Depending on our reason for using your information you may also be entitled to:
• Ask us to delete information we hold about you
• Have your information transferred electronically to yourself or to another organisation
• Object to decisions being made that significantly affect you
• Object to how we are using your information
• Stop us using your information in certain ways
We will always seek to comply with your request however we may be required to hold or use your information to comply with legal duties. Please note: your request may delay or prevent us delivering a service to you.
If you do not wish to share your personal data via the Kent-Teach Online Application process, you have the right to contact the school directly and ask for an alternative method of applying without detriment.
Withdrawal of your Explicit Consent
Where we have processed your special categories of personal information (your sensitive data) you have the right to withdraw your consent to this without detriment at any time. You may do so by clicking ‘Delete My Account’ in the ‘My Account’ section when you are logged in to your Member account. If you have applied for a position and by which have submitted your application to a school, you can ‘Withdraw’ your application at any time if the vacancy is still live on Kent-Teach.com.
For further information about your rights, including the circumstances in which they apply, see the guidance from the UK Information Commissioners Office (ICO) on individuals’ rights under the General Data Protection Regulation.
If you would like to exercise a right, please contact email@example.com.
Keeping your personal information secure
We have appropriate security measures in place to prevent personal information from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way. We limit access to your personal information to those who have a genuine business need to know it. Those processing your information will do so only in an authorised manner and are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We also have procedures in place to deal with any suspected data security breach. We will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected data security breach where we are legally required to do so.
Who to Contact
You can contact our Data Protection Officer, iSystems at firstname.lastname@example.org, Devonshire House, 29-31 Elmfield Road, Bromley, Kent BR1 1LT, Phone Number - 020 8050 1387.
Please contact email@example.com to exercise any of your rights, or if you have a complaint about why your information has been collected, how long it has been used or how long we have kept it for.
The General Data Protection Regulation also gives you right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority. The supervisory authority in the UK is the Information Commissioner who may be contacted at https://ico.org.uk/concerns or telephone 03031 231113.
For further information visit https://www.kent.gov.uk/about-the-council/about-the-website/privacy-statement.
We keep our Privacy Notice under regular review. This document was last updated in March 2019.