Employment type: Full-time
Salary: £50,000 - £60,000 per annum
Close date: Sunday 15th September 2019 at 17:00
Date of Interviews: Wednesday 25th September 2019
Position start date: January 2020 or earlier, if available
Are you an inspiring, driven and innovative leader in search of a new and exciting opportunity?
Would you like to develop your skillset in Special Educational Needs and make a positive and lasting difference to the way that children learn and engage?
If you are looking for a caring family environment, then Blue Skies could be just what you are looking for!
We are thrilled to be seeking a new Headteacher to join us in January 2020 or earlier if you are available. As a unique, passionate and inspirational school, Blue Skies are looking for an enthusiastic and dynamic Headteacher who can continue to develop upon the good foundations we have made and to lead Blue Skies through their next journey.
Who are we looking for?
• An experienced SEN practitioner with proven senior leadership and managerial experience within a special school.
• An inspirational leader who can foster good teamwork, nurture talent and develop the contribution of all staff.
• Someone who can challenge, influence and motivate staff, pupils and others to carry the school vision forward.
• A competent and creative leader with strong communication skills.
• Proven experience in financial management and human resources.
• The ability to create an aspirational culture and ethos of challenge and support
• Proven knowledge and experience as either an Assistant Headteacher, a Deputy Headteacher or Headteacher
• A passion and ability to enable the pupils of Blue Skies to develop their skills and knowledge to live happy and fruitful lives both within school and beyond.
What we can offer you:
• A fun, caring, family environment providing high levels of pastoral care as well as academic support.
• Both a supportive and determined team, who are passionate and committed to ensuring continuous improvement
• A student body who are friendly, unique and have a positive attitude toward learning within our school
• The opportunity to develop the small 19-25 years offering.
• The autonomy to further develop and expand systems within the school
• Fantastic foundations to continue the schools’ development onto ‘Outstanding’
This role will provide you with a rewarding opportunity to expand and develop the school, offering you the freedom to create an innovative curriculum based on individual student’s needs.
We would strongly urge applicants to visit Blue Skies School in order to fully appreciate our unique school, to engage with our culture and vision and for us to answer any questions you may have.
If you would like further information, for an informal discussion or to arrange a visit, please contact Lauren Higgins (Proprietor) at firstname.lastname@example.org
This School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.