Warning - This Vacancy is now Closed!
We are looking for a highly skilled Teaching Assistant to join our excellent team in Sept 2021.
This is a full-time appointment (27.5hrs per week - term time only - plus INSET) 8.55am to 3.25pm, Monday to Friday
The successful candidate will be working in Key Stage 2, supporting the class teacher. You will work primarily in the classroom alongside the class teacher or lead small groups working towards specific learning targets. You would also be expected to support and encourage appropriate learning behaviours and attitudes.
Experience of working with children in an educational setting is required along with:
- good English and Mathematical skills
- relevant qualifications NVQ 2 and 3 in childcare and learning (level 2 only may be acceptable if a willingness to work towards NVQ3 can be demonstrated)
- flexibility and use of initiative
- strong communication skills
- experience of working with children in Key Stage 2
- the ability to work alongside as part of a team
- patience and understanding of the ways different children learn
- a commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children.
This post is subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure.
Pay: Kent Range 3 (TA)
Hours: 8.55am to 3.25pm.
Wrotham Road Primary is a large multi-cultural school in the heart of Gravesend. The school is popular and successful and in July 2016 received a "Good" in our Ofsted inspection. We believe that our school is a happy, supportive, learning environment where we endeavour to provide the best education we can. We create an atmosphere that is vibrant and organised which enhances, stimulates and motivates all who work in it.
Wrotham Road is now part of "The Pathway Academy Trust". TPAT consists of 5 schools: Riverview Infants, Riverview Juniors, Culverstone Green and Meopham Community Academy School. This provides opportunities for career progression allowing us to keep the very best staff within the Trust.
Wrotham Road Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and the appointment will be subject to satisfactory references and an enhanced disclosure check.
Below are documents that have been added to this vacancy.
Copyright Cantium Business Solutions 2021
Developed by Evolution