Warning - This Vacancy is now Closed!
Head of Department: English
Start Date – September 2021
Salary – TLR1: £10 202
We are seeking to appoint a well-qualified, inspiring and committed Head of English to join aforward thinking community focused grammar school under new leadership. This is a postfor a suitably ambitious professional, who is committed to achieving high standards in allareas of school life and can demonstrate the potential to contribute a great deal to the futuredevelopment of Borden Grammar School.
You will have a clear personal ethos about the approach to teaching boys in English andpossess up to date pedagogical and strategic thinking about how to raise achievement. Youwill equally be committed to the Borden values of kindness, creativity, courageousness,respect and resilience, underpinned by our ethos to ‘strive forward together’. Consequently,you will possess the enthusiasm, drive and determination to achieve the best for all studentsthat you are responsible for and staff that you lead.
Interested candidates are welcome to telephone the Headteacher for an informal discussionor to arrange a visit to the school.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and youngpeople and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
All applications must be made on the Borden Grammar School application form. Ourapplication form and a job information pack is attached. Please do not send a CV asthese will not be considered.
In your application please write a statement, of no more than 750 words, outlining:
Please contact Lara Bateman, PA to Headteacher with any queries: 01795 424192, ext 106.
Completed applications should be sent via post or email to:
Ms L Bateman, PA to Headteacher, Borden Grammar School, Avenue of Remembrance, Sittingbourne, Kent, ME10 4DB
Whilst the closing date for applications is 12.00pm, Monday 19th April 2021; the school reserves the right to consider the merit of early applications.
Borden is a vibrant and purposeful grammar school for boys. The school is part of a thriving post-16 partnership and has female students in the Sixth Form. Borden provides a stimulating learning environment for its students and is committed to their protection and safety. Borden became an Academy in January 2012.
Borden Grammar is committed to:
• Challenging and inspiring our students to achieve their personal aspirations.
• Encouraging the pursuit of excellence in academic, sporting and cultural spheres.
• Providing a caring environment that enables our students to thrive socially and academically.
• Maximising the advantage, that being a boys’ grammar school can bring to our students, our parents, our local community and beyond.
The school underwent successful Ofsted Inspections in November 2013 and November 2016. The inspectors concluded that:
• All staff share the Headteacher’s ambitious vision which focuses on the achievement of every student within a highly supportive and harmonious community.
• Parents, staff and students are exceptionally positive about the standards of behaviour and safety in the school.
• Students arrive at their lessons hungry to learn and engage enthusiastically with classroom activities.
• The relationship between teachers and students is a particularly strong feature of the school and helps to ensure that there is an exceptionally positive climate for learning.
GDPR Summary Notice:
Candidates should understand that when submitting their application form they are giving consent to the following:
• All application forms and supporting statements are held on all candidates for six months and are shredded thereafter;
• The successful candidate’s application and employment records will be kept for six years after their termination of employment;
• Employees details are shared with appropriate third parties such as Teachers’ Pensions, Human Resources, etc.
Fax: 01795 424026
Below are documents that have been added to this vacancy.
Copyright Cantium Business Solutions 2021
Developed by Evolution