Warning - This Vacancy is now Closed!
Speech and Language Interventions' LSA to work with pupils across the school.
Higher pay (KR5) for someone with specialist speech and language qualification or training and/or HLTA qualification or similar.
The Governors wish to appoint a highly motivated, enthusiastic Interventions' LSA to join our school. The position would involve delivering specialist interventions (such as speech and language, Dyslexia, phonics, reading and writing) to identified individuals / groups of pupils across the school. We have an excellent reputation for the inclusion of all children.
Desirable qualifications, experience and qualities required by the successful applicant:
• Level 3 Certificate for Teaching Assistants / Speech & Language and or Dyslexia qualifiaction/training and/or HLTA qualification
• Experience / expertise in working across the primary age range, particularly EYFS / KS1
• Good Literacy and Numeracy skills, GCSE grade C+ or equivalent
• Ability to work successfully with pupils with a range of needs
• Adaptable and confident to support individuals, small groups of pupils
• Capable and confident in delivering school interventions
• Experience supporting pupils with Dyslexia and speech and language difficulties
• Enjoys working with children and is able to establish excellent relationships
• Excellent team member
• Hardworking and is able to work on their own initiative and manage time
• Very good communication and interpersonal skills
• Committed to the school, has positive views and is willing to contribute to school events
SEE ALSO LSA & HLTA JOB DESCRIPTIONS AND RECENT OFSTED REPORT.
The successful applicant will receive support from the Headteacher, Inclusion Manager, phase leaders and class teachers.
This post in the school is for 25 to 27.5 hours, working across the week Mondays to Fridays, 09:00-15:00 - half an hour/hour lunchbreak). KCC support application forms only please.
Maypole School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expects all staff to share this commitment. The post will be subject to an application to the disclosure and barring service.
At Maypole School, we pride ourselves on our caring, friendly and inclusive environment. We put children first and aim to bring out the very best in every individual. The relationships we develop with our children and families enable us to create a distinctive ethos.
We are very proud of our achievements and the high standards achieved by pupils. We are passionate about educating the whole child and ensuring that we provide pupils with a wide range of experiences and opportunities.
The school has a long successful history educating and caring for children in the local community for over 100 years. The school expanded from a one to two-form entry school in September 2016.
In our Ofsted (June 2018), we were pleased that the school continued to remain good. The school community is committed to pupils reaching the highest possible standards and to further improve their achievements.
We offer excellent CPD opportunities for staff, which includes the development of highly effective NQTs and trainee teachers. Leadership is fully distributed across the school. Ofsted, June 2018: There is a culture of ‘grow your own’ leaders and senior leaders support subject and middle leaders well in their professional development.
We are privileged to have such wonderful children at Maypole School and we always aim to ensure that every child gets nothing less than the very best they deserve.
Fax: 01322 556581
Copyright Cantium Business Solutions 2020
Developed by Evolution