Warning - This Vacancy is now Closed!
Appointment of Teacher of Physics
Start date: September 2019
Information for Applicants:
Borden Grammar School is committed to providing students in Swale with every advantage that being a selective school can offer. This vacancy provides the opportunity to teach within the Science department to KS5. The ability to teach Separate or Combined Science to GCSE is essential and you will have the opportunity to develop your career by contributing to Advanced Level teaching within the department.
The Science department is successful in many ways. Science subjects have a high take-up rate in KS5, where all three disciplines are increasingly popular. At GCSE the majority of students are entered for triple science. Approximately two-thirds of students in KS4 follow the Separate Science route and the remainder pursue the combined award. Outcomes in all Science disciplines at KS4 are particularly strong with regards to attainment and progress measures.
Extra-curricular projects are common place within the department across all three key stages; the successful applicant would be expected to contribute willingly to this ethos.
This is a post for a suitably qualified teacher; you might be looking for a fresh challenge or even be new to the profession. Most importantly you will be committed to achieving high standards in all areas of school life: academic; pastoral and cultural. Your own personal ethos will reflect the school’s ambition for boys to become confident and curious scientists who will use their skills to make a positive contribution to society.
Whilst the closing date is 12pm on Friday 1 March 2019 the school reserves the right to consider the merit of early applications. If you would like to apply please return a fully completed application form (leaving no gaps in employment). Please do not submit a CV. You are welcome to provide a letter of application as a continuation of the application form.
Borden Grammar School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Please note Borden operates a no smoking policy
Borden is a vibrant and purposeful grammar school for boys. The school is part of a thriving post-16 partnership and has female students in the Sixth Form. Borden provides a stimulating learning environment for its students and is committed to their protection and safety. Borden became an Academy in January 2012.
The current Headteacher has been in post since September 2013 and under his leadership Borden is committed to:
• Challenging and inspiring our students to achieve their personal aspirations.
• Encouraging the pursuit of excellence in academic, sporting and cultural spheres.
• Providing a caring environment that enables our students to thrive socially and academically.
• Maximising the advantage, that being a boys’ grammar school can bring to our students, our parents, our local community and beyond.
The school underwent successful Ofsted Inspections in November 2013 and November 2016. The inspectors concluded that:
• All staff share the Headteacher’s ambitious vision which focuses on the achievement of every student within a highly supportive and harmonious community.
• Parents, staff and students are exceptionally positive about the standards of behaviour and safety in the school.
• Students arrive at their lessons hungry to learn and engage enthusiastically with classroom activities.
• The relationship between teachers and students is a particularly strong feature of the school and helps to ensure that there is an exceptionally positive climate for learning.
GDPR Summary Notice:
Candidates should understand that when submitting their application form they are giving consent to the following:
• All application forms and supporting statements are held on all candidates for six months and are shredded thereafter;
• The successful candidate’s application and employment records will be kept for six years after their termination of employment;
• Employee’s details are shared with appropriate third parties such as Teachers’ Pensions, Human Resources, Auditors, payroll provider etc. Moreover employee data will be used to complete necessary returns such as the school workforce census at both a local and national level.
Fax: 01795 424026
Below are documents that have been added to this vacancy.
Copyright Cantium Business Solutions 2019
Developed by Evolution