Kent NQT Induction and Support
Elizabeth and Helen from the Kent NQT Induction Team oversee the induction programme for those schools that register their NQTs with us. The team has substantial experience in the specialised area of induction and always maintain the highest degree of professional standards.
The team offer a friendly and personalised service and will ensure your NQT mentor is able to fulfil the statutory requirements for the successful completion of your induction period. In addition to this they will do the following:
- Provide a wealth of documents and proformas - to support you throughout your induction period.
- Offer confidential support and advice over email and phone - to ensure you are being supported and monitored sufficiently or to discuss any concerns you may have about your induction period.
- Send out a termly newsletter to NQTs – to ensure you are kept up to date with induction activities that are relevant for that particular term.
The team also offer a number of training events for NQTs. The Primary programme which consists of 12 half day sessions over the academic year covers key elements to support NQTs in their first year of teaching and will address topics such as:
- working with parents,
- working with Teaching Assistants,
- behaviour management, and
- the statutory induction requirements.
The programme also provides an excellent opportunity to meet with other NQTs in the district and to share induction experiences.
For Secondary NQTs they hold a number of twilight welcome events over the county and the aim of these is to:
- meet the Kent NQT Induction Team
- learn about the statutory requirements for induction and what is expected of you throughout the induction period
- view key resources and documents to support the induction process in school
- give NQTs the opportunity to network with other NQTs in their district
If you would like to discuss the service and the support on offer throughout your induction period, please contact Helen or Elizabeth on 01227 284639 or email email@example.com.